Amazon Web Services (AWS) is building some of the largest distributed systems in the world. Amazon Glacier is searching for great engineers to join our growing team.
Amazon Glacier is designed to provide extremely low cost and highly scalable data storage for archival and cold storage use cases. A Glacier key feature is its low storage price, so space is precious, and the standard space for speed tradeoff that most systems make is turned on its head. As a result, our team faces fascinating scaling challenges that have never been tackled at our scale. At the same time, we are driving new storage technologies within industry and are coming up with innovative ways to reduce storage costs even further on an ongoing basis.
As a member of the Glacier team you will apply your low level programming and distributed systems engineering skills to build, optimize, and extend our rapidly growing service. Along with the rest of our start-up like team, you will design and implement the next generation of our services underlying architecture, invent new techniques, solve complex scaling challenges, and launch new service features.
You thrive in an environment where flexibility, teamwork, and delivering rock solid, customer focused solutions is paramount. You enjoy working on complex systems software, tackling tough challenges, and creating systems that meet aggressive operational constraints in the real world. You show a strong sense of ownership, bias for action, agility, and a high degree of ingenuity.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field
- 2-5 years of Java and/or C++
- Passion for building highly scalable systems in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
- Understanding of fault tolerant infrastructure software or distributed systems
- Unix or Linux platform programming experience
- Strong network programming knowledge
- Sharp analytical abilities, proven design skills, excellent communication skills
- A strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive
- Graduate degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field a plus
** For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com **
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...