Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile, portable, hand-held consumer electronics products, like the Kindle and the new Kindle Fire. The products we design and engineer are easy-to-use and offer users benefits that are only made possible through tightly integrated digital technologies and wireless connectivity.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented software engineers who have experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Responsible for system architecture and development for new product initiatives and feature development.
- Investigate, prototype and deliver new and innovative system solutions.
- Will work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software. Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience.
- 3+ years professional experience in software development building production software systems.
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Proficiency in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, PHP or Python.
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment.
- Experience developing software foundations and environments for application development
- Able to work closely with other developers to understand their needs and issues and to develop cooperative solutions.
- Master's degree in Computer Science.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
- Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS).
- Experience in applying open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, MySQL, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate).
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs.
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project.
Lab126, part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.