Software Development Engineer, Digital Vendor Payments
Amazon.com is looking for talented and enthusiastic software engineers to join the Digital Vendor Payments Systems team. As a member of the team you will have the opportunity to build efficient and scalable services which will take care of the costing, financial and accounting aspects of Amazon's digital media offerings, including Amazon Kindle (eBooks), Amazon MP3 Music, Amazon Appstore and Amazon Video on Demand.
You will be responsible for designing end-to-end applications, and applying the latest research to create reliable and efficient solutions to tricky technical problems at incredible scale. The ideal candidate will have excellent communication skills, a passion for solving problems, deep technical knowledge of Java, and the ability to deliver high quality results.
To learn more about the Kindle team at Amazon, visit www.amazon.com/careers/kindle and apply now.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field, or 4+ years relevant work experience
- 4 years professional experience in software development
- 4+ years of demonstrated Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- 4 + years of demonstrated Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- 4+ years of demonstrated Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- 4+ years of experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as Java, C, C++ or C#
· Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
· Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
· Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
· Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
· Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
· Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to back-end systems and all points in between
· Database knowledge and working with large DBs is a plus
· Knowledge of Java frameworks like Hibernate, Spring is a plus.
· Knowledge of Accounting and Finance is preferred.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills preferred
Amazon.com - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...