Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 789300-77174
Division: Windows Division
Are you passionate about building the infrastructure to help improve the efficiency of a thousand developers and get our products to market faster? If so, Windows Live needs you. Windows Live is responsible for key features and applications in Windows 8 (Live ID, Mail, Photos, etc) and some of the largest services in the world (Hotmail, LiveID, Messenger, SkyDrive). We are looking for a senior leader who can help transform our build pipeline to allow much faster builds and automated tests to change the way we develop and ship our software.
This is a complex problem because of the wide variety of the products we build (front end services, back end services, Win32 client, Windows 8 clients, mobile clients) and the large number of servers we deploy to ( > 100k). It requires someone who can understand partner needs and translate that into a strategy in terms of both technology and process. The technology stack ranges from the build tools to the distributed system that runs the build and test automation.
- 7+ years of shipping production software
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in Computer Science
- Familiarity with LINQ, LINQ to SQL, SQL, Entity Framework
- Experience developing web services
- Experience with distributed systems and fault tolerance
- Experience with build systems (msbuild, makefiles, CoreXT, BuildTracker)
Microsoft - 8 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...