Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Redmond, WA, US
Job ID: 827127-104381
Division: Windows Phone Division
Windows Phone is looking for a strong developer and leader who is able to break down complex engineering problems, architect end-to-end solutions from the kernel to the cloud, proactively drive execution and deliver the code as necessary to make an impactful mark on the business while minimizing partner cost and time to market. The team is engineering focused, with a strong bias on technical deliverables.
Responsibilities include owning the design and implementation of technical deliverables, drive complex problems and communicate solutions to a wide audience from external partner executives to engineers. Being a subject matter expert in multiple deep technical areas and delivering the solution to enable unique and differentiated opportunities for partners. Working closely with program management and test to prioritize engineering work, and working closely with partner teams within Microsoft.
The ideal candidate will have strong leadership experience, quick learning abilities, outstanding coding skills and the confidence to drive advanced technical problems. Passion for quality with an impeccable drive for results is a must.
This is a great opportunity for an engineer with strong technical fundamentals, values initiative, has a strong customer focus, and want to see the immediate impact of their work.
- 10+ years of industry experience in software design (C++, C#).
- Deep understanding on NT Kernel, and debugging low level kernel codes, driver, services is necessary.
- Understanding on user mode, kernel mode driver model drivers and their interactions to HW and user applications and cloud services.
- Creativity, capacity and conviction to think beyond the norm and innovate.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Experience in software architecture and design for end to end solutions.
- Relentless energetic drive for results and success in spite of impediments.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to collaborate effectively across audiences.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or related technical equivalent.
- Experience delivering code for a mobile environment is desirable.
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...