Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: Bellevue, WA, US
Job ID: 829857-106256
Division: Online Services Division
The Bing Query Rewriting team is hiring extremely talented, highly motivated and productive developers. We have the hottest and most challenging problems in the world to solve. We are also solving one of THE MOST important problems for msft. You will be empowered to influence millions of end users while impacting Microsoft’s company value. You will have the opportunities to work together with world class researchers and developers to stay in the front of advancing technology.
Job Responsibilities include:
1. Work with other disciplines and teams in Bing on identifying problems related to search. Explore and develop solutions to these problems.
2. Work with the other engineering and research teams to deliver a highly relevant, high-performance, high-availability search experience to the end users
3. Drive innovation across the search team by making use of explicit and implicit user feedback
4. Analyze terabytes of data by using data mining, statistics, and database techniques. The goal is to measure/understand user behavior and business health, generate actionable insights for improving search systems, and increasing user satisfaction.
Skills and Qualifications:
1. Strong algorithm background and very good understanding on how to apply advanced knowledge to solve real problems
2. Passion in very large real world data processing/analysis especially with web data
3. Passion for shipping features to the end users at a very fast pace (every month)
4. Strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
5. Ability to work independently and in a team to come up with innovative solutions to challenging business/technical problems
6. Extensive software design and development skills/experience with C/C++/C#/Perl/SQL (minimum 3 years, preferred: 5+ years)
7. Bachelor degree in Computer Science or equivalent required. MS is preferred.
8. Experience with informational retrieval and data mining a plus but not required.
Strong practical and theoretical knowledge of machine learning, information retrieval, or data mining techniques will be a big plus. So will a proven track record of innovation and shipping high quality software services.
Microsoft - 11 months ago
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...