Job Category: Software Engineering: Development
Location: New York, NY, US
Job ID: 793601-80421
GroupMe is a group messaging app that helps millions of people around the world stay connected.
Since we launched less than two years ago, we've processed billions of messages, grown the company to 25 people, won the Breakout award at SXSW, and been acquired. Now as a part of the Skype division at Microsoft, our goal is to be the daily communications provider for *billions* of people.
Even though we're part of a huge company, we have a great deal of autonomy, and continue to operate like an independent startup that works hard and iterates quickly. We work in a sunlight-filled loft near Union Square with hardwood floors, a ping pong table, and a pinball machine. We sing karaoke across the street sometimes. Basically, we love our jobs and have a lot of fun doing them.
We work on the best equipment we can get at the Apple Store as well.
About our iOS Developer position
GroupMe is looking for a developer to join our iOS team and help take our iOS app to the next level.
- 4+ years software development experience with the entire product cycle: design, development, release, maintenance
- 2+ years of experience with Objective-C/UIKit
- Doesn't hate Core Data, even though it has its flaws
- A couple apps we can look at in the App Store
- Obsessed with getting UI/Animations just right
- Experience with developing for other operating systems (e.g. Android or Windows) is a big plus.
- Ability to multi-task and work under pressure in an unstructured environment.
- Resourceful, practical and critical thinker.
- Self-motivated and organized.
- Good communication skills, able to bring forward a vision or opinion.
- Has a good sense of humor
Microsoft Corporation develops, manufactures, licenses and supports a range of software products for computing devices. The Company's...