With operations in 130 countries, Alcatel-Lucent is the first truly global communications solutions provider, offering the most complete end-to-end portfolio of solutions and services in the industry. Our passionate and experienced team converts challenges into opportunities in the areas of third-generation mobile networking, metro optical and packet, circuit-to-packet, broadband access, advanced network and professional services, and next-generation operations support systems.
Join the Alcatel-Lucent team that's transforming the way the world communicates.
The Alcatel Lucent equipment (7x50 SR and ESS product line) enables carriers to build converged infrastructure for residential Triple play with IPTV, business Virtual Private Networks (VPNs) and mobile networks which hitherto used to be three separate networks. It employs state of the art technologies like Hierarchical QOS, Layer 2 VPNs, Advanced Ethernet Operations, Administration and Maintenance (OAM), and Subscriber management per service. The product platforms allow companies to use legacy infrastructure so that investments already made are useful, and provide inter-working migration paths with legacy technologies like ATM and TDM. Simultaneous inter-working of so many specialized technologies and features makes these proprietary products complex to design and build.
Carrier Ethernet is still an emerging area with difficult technical problems to be solved, which require specialized knowledge and experience from early customer deployments. Residential End user applications like IPTV, Video on Demand and VoIP impose enormous bandwidth demands, and in a converged infrastructure it becomes important to offer customer varied service level agreements (SLAs) and ensure that the SLAs can be met. This requires complex features and technologies inter-working seamlessly, which also place pressing demands on scalability, performance, and resiliency.
Developing the proprietary product for these complex feature sets requires engineers with expertise in architecture and design as well as excellent coding skills; not only for desired functionality, but also for scalability, performance and resiliency.
/SNMP Agent Development Engineer:
This is a hands-on role. The candidate will be required to design, develop, and unit test the functionality of CLI and SNMP agent features against requirements specifications provided by Product Marketing.
We are looking for a development engineer with an excellent knowledge of the C language and common software development tools such as source control systems, defect databases, etc. Embedded system experience is desirable. A good knowledge of network routing protocols is a plus.
The candidate will be responsible to develop CLI and SNMP agent operational features that support router features and to meet release cycle deadlines with high quality code.
Alcatel-Lucent is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Electrical engineering or equivalent experience. Master's degree strongly preferred.
- 1 year software development or testing experience in networking products.
- Prior experience in designing, developing, and unit testing software features.
- Excellent C programming skills. Knowledge of Perl, Python or Java is a plus.
- Knowledge of data structures, algorithms, multi-process, multi-threaded software development.
- Understanding of networking protocols in general such as TCP/IP, MPLS, L2 protocols, multicast protocols, L3/routing protocols, networking standards, L2/L3 edge systems (PW, VPLS, L3 VPN - RFC2547bis).
- Experience with embedded software development tools such as VxWorks, Tornado, GCC compilers, version control systems, is desirable.
- Experience with network testing and monitoring tools is desirable.
- Excellent communication and writing skills are required for writing SNMP MIB documents.
Alcatel-Lucent - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Alcatel-Lucent (Euronext Paris and NYSE: ALU) provides solutions that enable service providers, enterprises and governments worldwide, to...