Software Development Support & QA Specialist-Houston
Senior Support & QA Specialist-Houston – F+G
Faithful+Gould is a world leader in project and cost consulting, providing clients with Owner’s Representative expertise and advice throughout the life of their projects. We can offer varied and interesting work with a number of high profile clients across our key business sectors which include: Aviation, Commercial, Education, Energy, Food & Beverage, Hospitality Arts & Leisure, Pharmaceutical, and Manufacturing.
We have 19 offices across the United States and are part of an ever expanding international business operating in Europe, the UK, Asia Pacific and the Middle East. Our goal is to serve the interests of our clients by aligning our comprehensive management approach with client strategic objectives to ensure successful project outcomes.
Faithful + Gould
is seeking to engage a highly skilled and experienced
Senior Support & QA Specialist
to join our staff in
. The qualified candidates will be responsible for providing end user support for software applications and providing testing of those applications during the applications development life cycle. The support aspect of the role involves interacting with customers to help them realize maximum value from their experience with our software solutions. The quality assurance and control aspect of the role involves activities intended to improve the quality of deployed software. Quality control specialists are expected to consider the objectives of software development when executing tests in order to identify quality issues not captures elsewhere in the development process. The person in this role must show exemplary customer service skills and must be able to improve upon defined processes for support and quality control service delivery. person life
Typical duties and responsibilities of this position are:
• Ability to identify areas for improvement in existing support and quality assurance and control processes.
• Ability to design and implement support and quality assurance and control improvements which are of appropriate scale for Faithful+Gould IT Consulting.
• Recommends and manages the implementation of software quality control and assurance improvements.
• Recommends and manages the implementation of support improvements.
• Provides second-tier support for software service requests.
• Performs software quality control and software quality assurance activities.
• Provides training documentation and conducts training sessions for our applications.
• Provides documentation for routine software development and deployment tasks.
• Performs data analysis activities in support of software development projects and service requests.
• Performs invoice analysis and billing activities for 3rd party costs.
The appropriately qualified candidate will have the following core competencies and required experience:
Education & Experience
• HS diploma + 10 years relevant experience OR AA/AS in related field + 8 years relevant experience.
• B.S or M.S in Computer Science or related engineering fields with 5+ years of experience preferred.
• Experience implementing quality assurance, quality control, or support improvements in software development environments.
• Experience writing technical and procedural documentation.
• Experience writing complex SQL queries.
• Experience developing test plans and procedures.
• Knowledge of the Software Development Lifecycle.
• Knowledge of accounting systems preferred.
• Knowledge of construction software preferred.
• Experience programming in applicable programming languages a plus.
• Experience programming components in applicable database platforms a plus.
• Formal training in Microsoft-related coursework a plus.
• Provides exemplary customer service when working with software users, consultants, other members of the software development team and any other internal or external customers.
• Provides exemplary follow-through in order to ensure software support concerns and quality control failures are tracked and resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
• Exemplary communication behaviors, including regular follow-up with customers on open issues, detailed investigations into root causes, and capture and distribution of clear information on overall customer satisfaction to the software development manager and other members of the team.
• Ability to work individually as well as on a team.
• Solid problem solving, troubleshooting, decision making, and creative thinking ability.
• Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously.
• A strong work ethic and solid track record of getting the job done.
• Ability to work under pressure and work in a multi tasking environment with changing priorities.
• Willingness to perform what might be considered mundane tasks.
• Adaptability to lead and follow process.
Professional Licenses & Registrations
• Platform-specific software development certifications a plus.
• PMI Project Management Professional certification (or similar) a plus.
• IIBA Business Analyst certification (or similar) a plus.
Faithful+Gould is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer (M/F/V/D.) offers an excellent benefits packet including: Medical/Dental Coverage, Life Insurance, Disability Coverage, Paid Vacation, Paid Holidays, Flex Plan and a 401K Plan.