Software Development Team Leader/Technical Manager role is responsible for managing a team of developers primarily using PHP, MySQL, Apache on Linux.
OpticsPlanet, Inc is a leading $120mln+ Internet Retailer with a wide selection of products selling to educational, scientific, outdoor, military and consumer markets using our own Ecommerce Technology Platform. We use a wide range of state-of-the-art ecommerce technologies, manage large sets of data, and solve complex software engineering and business issues on daily basis. This is an exciting time to join us as we are expanding our development efforts, growing as a business, and building some very interesting ecommerce technology to power our industry-leading ecommerce and content sites. We are looking for an experienced Software Development Lead who will help us to ensure smooth operation in software development team by managing and participating in design, code, test, deployment and support of various applications and platform components, managing workload, short and long term planning. In addition to managing people, the right candidate will actively participate in the design and development process, improve software development processes internally, and mentor more junior developers.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
What you would need to qualify
- Manage a team of software engineers of different levels. Evaluate performance and provide feedback.
- Ensure code and design quality and on-time delivery of development projects.
- Be the "go-to" person on all development, mentor more junior developers.
- Actively participate in creating a large-scale full-featured multi-store ecommerce platform.
- Work in a fast paced environment, setup priorities for different projects.
- Communicate with internal customer regarding issues and feature requests; provide ETAs and deliver on them.
- Contribute and participate in developing software architecture design and discussions about hardware solutions.
- Participate in developing database structure for internal applications. Know best practices for working with big datasets (10M+ records).
- Make contributions in team meetings and brainstorming sessions.
- Hands-on experience in software development in LAMP environment.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Strong people and project management skills, must be able to function as a project leader as well as an individual contributor.
- Comprehensive understanding of/practical experience with content management, document management and knowledge of management concepts.
- Excellent knowledge of Web platforms and technologies.
- Advanced understanding of object-oriented programming languages
- Hands-on experience with Web-database integration and a range of relational database platforms, including SQL Server and MySQL.
OpticsPlanet - 19 months ago