Postmates runs one of the largest real-time delivery fleets in the country. Building a software platform that is reliable, scales and stays agile under demanding product needs is a serious technical challenge. Postmates isn’t just another ad platform or mobile app for delivering static user generated content: We have real customers paying real money for a real service, all under an hour.
As a backend software engineer, you’ll primarily be developing and maintaining features of our API and internal tools. On any given day, you may need to tweak the search results for people looking for “pizza”, and then optimize a workflow that saves our operations team hours every day. We need engineers who aren’t afraid to attack deep technical challenges as well as have a meaningful role in product development.
- Write robust application code that powers the company’s demanding mobile and web-based client APIs.
- Build prototypes to quickly demonstrate new features and product ideas.
- Create and maintain internal applications, such as:
- Inventory Management
- Product and Place Search
- Delivery Dispatch and Matching Algorithms
- Internal Tools
- Fraud Prevention and Detection Algorithms
- Data Engineering and Analysis
- Participate in code reviews.
- All the coffee delivered to your desk you can order, all in the name of testing.
- Competitive Salary
- Generous Stock Option Plan
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Choice of Computer and Gear
- Snack Filled Kitchen
- Awesome work environment at a company with a huge vision
- Killer office located in the sunny Mission District of San Francisco just a block away from BART
Postmates - 8 months ago
copy to clipboard
Postmates is transforming the way local goods move around a city by enabling anyone to get any product delivered in under one hour.