Ariadne is looking for a bright software engineer with a strong Python background and web application development experience to develop and maintain a biomedical data portal at the National Institutes of Health (NIH) in Bethesda, MD. The portal processes and makes publicly available terabytes of rapidly growing genomic data. The system serves millions of users every day and accounts for over 90% of traffic at www.nih.gov.
- 3+ years of recent Python development experience
- experience with Django
- 5+ years of software development experience
- database design/development experience and SQL
- flexibility and ability to learn and use new technologies
- ability to work well in a team environment, as well as independently
- ability to get things done
- C/C++ development experience and STL
- experience writing Unix shell scripts
- XML / XSLT knowledge and experience
- multi-threaded programming experience
- cross-platform Linux/ Windows programming experience
Founded by experts in computational biology in 2002, Ariadne brings deep experience in high-throughput informatics and software design for life sciences research applications along with bench-level biological and software engineering expertise. Ariadne has a history of outstanding performance providing biomedical IT Services and Software Solutions to governmental and commercial customers. We have maintained strong and long lasting relationships with our customers, vendors, and staff.
- BS in Computer Science, Math, Engineering or equivalent is required
- Master's degree is preferred
Ariadne offers a competitive salary and an excellent benefits package that includes BlueCross BlueShield health insurance with 100% company paid premiums, a 401K program with matching and immediate vesting, paid time off and holiday pay, life insurance, flexible spending, and disability coverage. We promote an excellent work/life balance with a 40-hour workweek and a chance to work alongside accomplished scientists at NIH. Ariadne is an equal opportunity employer.
Thank you for your interest in our Python Developer position!
We look forward to reviewing your application.
Click Apply Button Now!
Ariadne - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard