The Defense Threat Reduction Information Analysis Center (DTRIAC), located on Kirtland Air Force Base, NM; is the repository for WMD information that is available to U.S. Government Agencies, their contractors, and other authorized users. The Scientific & Technical Information Archival & Retrieval System (STARS) is a digital library system that DTRIAC uses to deliver critical information to its users. The STARS system is currently being replaced by a new Oracle-based system called Next Generation STARS (NGS) with an Apache web server and a Solr Lucene search engine.
The candidate will work under minimal supervision in a small team environment to maintain and update an in-house developed scientific library and collaborative site using industry standards and best practices. Provide technical expertise in the development and delivery of web based applications. Design, develop, troubleshoot, debug, and implement software code for web based applications and sites. Develops test plans to verify logic of new or modified programs. Conducts quality assurance activities such as peer reviews. Creates appropriate documentation in work assignments such as program code, and technical documentation.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES :
- Support the development and maintenance of the NGS.
- Support and maintain the Apache web server and a Solr Lucene search engine.
- Develop and maintain web pages in support of the DTRIAC mission.
- Support archive teams in use of NGS.
- Provide user training in NGS.
- Develop test plans.
- Provide technical expertise in the development and delivery of web based applications.
- Create supporting documentation.
- Maintain configuration control over supported systems.
- Develop software code.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS :
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Engineering and 5+ years of related software development experience.
- The successful candidate will be a demonstrated problem solver and have experience as a mid-level Software/Web Developer with experience using the following preferred software systems and tools:
- Oracle database development
- Apache (SSL), Tomcat, LDAP, RedHat Linux
- XML, XML Schema (XSD), XML Transform (XSLT)
- Subversion, Confluence, JIRA
- Candidate must have Security+ certification or ability to obtain within 30-60 days of hire
- Excellent interpersonal skills, written and oral, and the ability to work well within a team that includes technical and scientific personnel, consisting of contractors and government staff.
- Applicant selected will be subject to government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements to access classified information.
Cubic Corporation - 18 months ago