Software Engineer – C# .NET
Join one of biotech's most successful companies to create world-class software with the best and brightest in the industry. Illumina is challenging talented software designers to automate the machines which decipher the essence of biological structure and human disease. We are the world leader in genetic analysis instrumentation — and we would like your software to run those instruments.
This position is for a self-starting individual who:
• Understands object-oriented software structure at a high level
• Can create and/or improve software designs at this level
• Efficiently writes robust code that meets product requirements while being lean, maintainable and easy to understand
• Collaborates well in a team environment
This position focuses on C# Windows applications which combine:
• Customer-facing WPF user interface
• Multi-threaded instrument control logic
• Networked data retrieval
• Analysis algorithms
• Data visualization
• Some legacy C++ is also part of the system, however the anticipated design work will all be in C#.
Required Skills & Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• 5-7 years’ experience developing primarily in C# and the .NET environment
• Demonstrated success as software designer
• Solid experience developing robust production code in an object-oriented language
• Strong interpersonal and communications skills
• Customer focus, team orientation, self-motivation
Preferred Skills & Experience
• Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field
• Demonstrated success leading and mentoring other software developers
• Instrument control experience
• Multi-threading background
• Network or web development experience
• Biotech background
Illumina boasts a team of over 150 software professionals at its San Diego headquarters. You will work in an environment that is collaborative, innovative and fun. As an Illumina Software Engineer you will enjoy a rich network of analysts, graphic designers, human factors experts and test engineers to accelerate your work. Accelerate your career with one of the most diverse and talented software organizations in the San Diego area.
Illumina is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Illumina (www.illumina.com) is a leading developer, manufacturer, and marketer of life science tools and integrated systems for the analysis of genetic variation and function. Illumina’s tools and services are fueling advances in consumer genomics and diagnostics. Our technology and products accelerate genetic analysis research and its application, paving the way for molecular medicine and ultimately transforming healthcare.
Illumina, Inc. - 12 months ago
copy to clipboard -
Illumina elucidates the human genome. The firm makes tools used by life sciences and drug researchers to isolate and analyze...