1. Performs software development tasks and assists in the design and architecture of
software applications individually or as a team member.
2. Primary role is software programmer who develops production quality software
based on pre-defined software requirements and designs.
3. Reviews, analyzes and modifies programming systems to include coding, testing,
debugging, installing and documenting to support organization’s software
4. Implements software development process improvement activities in accordance
with organizational procedures.
5. Develops unit and integration tests and test plans for software applications, and
prepares software test reports.
6. Writes documentation for software and software interfaces.
1. Five (5) years of experience in software development technologies and
methodologies. (Relevant degree may be applied to this requirement only.)
Additionally, in accordance with any particular TTO, Contractor
personnel meeting the requirements for Software Engineer Level 1 shall have a
combination of the following skills:
1. Designing and developing multi-tier web applications using languages such as
2. Writing design documents, test plans and test results,
3. Assessing architecture and current hardware limitations and recommending
4. Designing and developing software and/or multi-tier web applications using
programming languages to include: Java/JAVA EE, Swing, Hibernate, Spring,
Struts, JUnit, C, C++, C#, .NET, Java Script, ColdFusion, Perl, PHP, Bash,
Python, or Adobe Flex development tools.
5. Ability to develop and/or maintain software capabilities using C/C++ software
development environment; Windows operating system internals, computer
security, Win32 programming, Windows kernel programming, x86 assembly
programming, COM programming, .NET programming, network programming
(sockets); and software reverse engineering.
6. Knowledgeable in using SQL or PL/SQL to access Oracle, MySQL or SQL
7. Developing applications utilizing software frameworks (e.g., Ozone Widgets,
Spring, Hibernate, Struts, and JUnit).
8. Working knowledge of Java APIs such as JDBC, JPA, and EJB.
9. Experience with data base design and stored SQL procedures.
10. Working knowledge of and ability to assist others in the use of software
engineering tools to support process improvement to include
ClearCase/ClearQuest, MS Project/Primavera, Subversion, Doors, Mercurial, and
11. Ability to apply cost estimation techniques to software development, test, and
12. One (1) year experience in network analysis (data and protocols) and TCP/IP and
13. One (1) year experience malware analysis and mitigation techniques.
14. Experience working with Scrum or other agile software development processes.
15. Knowledge of SOLR/Lucene, AJAX, JAXB, and JavaDB.
16. Knowledge of U124/U127, SOTF, Packet Capture, and Protocol Processing
17. Working knowledge of and ability to implement IPv6 protocols.