Software Engineer – Mobile App Development on iOS
You can learn anything on Udemy.
Today, over 3,000,000 students in 190+ countries are taking online courses on Programming, Yoga, Design, Photography, Spanish, Marketing, Guitar, Finance, Cake Decorating, and so much more.
More than 16,000 courses (in 10 different languages!) have been published in our marketplace. Each course is designed and taught by an expert instructor and hundreds of new courses are published every month. So whether you want to get promoted, break into a new industry, start a company, or just further a passion, Udemy’s here to help you achieve your goals.
Founded in 2010, Udemy has raised a total of $48 million in venture capital and is headquartered in San Francisco, California.
- Build, iterate, and enhance mobile applications on iOS
- Partner closely with the design team to create an intuitively easy to use application for our users
- Bring new features in the course taking experience to the iOS platform
- Optimize the existing code for ease of use and performance
- Engage and participate in external developer meet-ups and events to promote Udemy’s engineering brand as a great place to work. Give tech talks or organize developer panels
WORK STRUCTURE & COMPENSATION
- Has released at least one consumer facing application on iOS
- BSCS / BS in Engineering or equivalent experience
- Solid understanding of the iOS platform
- Knowledge and experience in at least one object oriented programming language and related framework
- Shown success as an individual contributor. Have consistently demonstrated ability and commitment to deliver on major releases
- Exhibited passion for delivering high quality products that meet business requirements
- Willingness to "go the extra mile" when needed.
Udemy is based in SOMA, San Francisco. Compensation includes full time base and equity and competitive benefits (including healthcare, commuter benefits, and an unlimited vacation policy.
Learn more about Udemy, our mission, culture, philosophies, and team .
UDEMY IN THE NEWS
Wall Street Journal - Udemy Raises $32M to Teach 'Lifelong Learners' Online, Around the World
Tech Crunch - Online Learning Marketplace Udemy Raises $32M To Scale Up Internationally
Xconomy - At Udemy, Online Education Meet the Marketplace
TNW - Udemy is now teaching over 1 million students as it adds localized support for 10 new languages
Slate - Udemy Instructor Earns Nearly Half a Million Dollars Teaching Online
Venturebeat - School’s out! Udemy nabs $12M to drive down the cost of higher ed
San Francisco Chronicle - Startups put new spin on online teaching
GigaOm - A new way to make six figures on the Web: Teaching
Mashable - Udemy Puts Ivy-League Profs on Your Desktop For Free
New York Times - Online Teaching Platform Udemy Raises