The Software Engineer will provide production/break-fix support and software solutions for our directory publishing software product. This includes a wide variety of software development activities including problem identification and resolution, software design and development, documentation, performance tuning, process and data issue resolution, and completing change requests. The Software Engineer will be involved in the entire software development life cycle using internal and industry best practices, standards, and processes to ensure quality and on-time deliveries.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Required Experience and Skills :
- Provides production/break-fix support and software solutions including problem identification and resolution, software design and development, documentation, performance tuning, and process and data issue resolution.
- Completes design, development, and unit test of software development projects. Adheres to internal and industry software development and software change control best practices, standards, and processes.
- Provides subject matter expertise for specific directory publishing product components.
- Conducts and participates in required software reviews to ensure the completeness, accuracy, and integrity of deliverables.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related technical field or equivalent experience.
- Experience providing production/break-fix support of a production software application. Experience developing and managing business logic with Oracle PL/SQL is required. Visual Studio.NET, and/or Java are a plus.
- Working knowledge of software development life cycle.
- Ability to translate business requirements into software solutions.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team to complete assignments.
- Development experience in the directory publishing industry is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills across all levels of the organization.
The Berry Company - 30+ days ago
The Berry Company is deeply committed to supporting the communities where we live and work. Our employees, who participate through donations...