Kabam is growing and we’re growing quickly.
With offices in the Bay Area and internationally, we are growing at an exponential rate and this is just the beginning. We’re building games that are changing how social games are played and the success of our games has established us as a definitive leader in the strategic massively multi-player social gaming space. Our studio business model allows us to sustain a startup culture that empowers you to drive change and create and own the outcome of your contributions – contributions that impact millions of gamers daily.
The Business Intelligence team is tasked with providing up-to-the-minute data and insights to key stakeholders across various game studios and the Distribution business unit to make informed and timely decisions. We are seeking an experienced analytics engineer to contribute to the design and development of scalable and innovative solutions to extract, transform and analyze large datasets from various diverse data sources.
- Influence overall strategy and road map to architect & build a scalable data pipeline
- Leverage homegrown ETL framework as well as off-the-shelf ETL tools, as appropriate
- Interface closely with operations and engineering teams to build and extend cross platform logging and reports generation framework
- Provide consultative solutions approach to business partners such as Analysts, Management, End Users and Developers to clarify objectives, determine scope, drive consensus, identify problems and recommend solutions
- Support end users on ad hoc data usage and be a subject matter expert on functional side of the business
- Create strong internal relationships, train others on getting the most out of daily/weekly reporting, and evangelize your findings and implications.
- Master’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related fields.
- At least 4 years of development experience with at least one Object Oriented programming language (Java preferred) and at least one scripting language (PHP preferred)
- Expertise with SQL and performance tuning techniques
- Expert understanding of ETL techniques and best practices to handle extremely large volume of data
- Experience with Data warehousing architecture and data modeling best practices
- Knowledge of Hadoop and related technologies highly preferred
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
- Strong communication skills and willingness to take initiative to contribute beyond basic responsibilities
Full Health, Dental, and Vision; 401k matching; daily catered lunches; tons of snacks, drinks, etc.
We will assist with relocation for the right candidate.
Kabam is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
**Successful applicants will be asked to show proof that they can legally work in the U.S**
Kabam - 19 months ago
Kabam is the leader in the western world for free-to-play core games with 1st and 3rd party published titles available on mobile devices and...