Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile devices like the Kindle family of products. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc. Since then, we have worked to produce best-selling tablets with breakthrough hardware technology as well as e-readers that have revolutionized reading. What will you help us create?
Work hard. Have fun. Make history.
We are looking for passionate, hard-working, and talented Software Development Engineer who has experience building innovative, mission critical, high volume applications. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on the design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products used every day, by people you know. In this role, you will:
- Be responsible for system architecture and development for product initiatives and feature development
- Investigate, prototype and deliver innovative system solutions
- Work in an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software. Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and then mentor team members on their appropriate application
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field, or relevant work experience
- 3+ years of professional experience in software development building production software systems
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
- Experience in, at least, one modern programming language such as C, C++, C#, Java, PHP or Python
- Experience working with networking or communications devices in an embedded environment
- Experience taking product requirements and developing software architectures and designs to bring them to life
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an equal opportunity employer.
- Excellence in technical communication with peers and non-technical cohorts.
- Experience taking a leading role in building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Ability to rapidly prototype and evaluate customer applications and interaction methodologies
- Development experience on multiple Linux platforms and mobile devices (Android, iOS)
- Experience in applying open-source technologies (Linux, SQLite, MySQL, OpenGL, Spring, Hibernate)
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
- Experience defining system architectures and exploring technical feasibility tradeoffs
- Master's degree in Computer Science
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
Amazon strives to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover virtually anything they want to buy online. By...