Sonos is looking for a software developer with a passion for great software design to help expand our suite of controller applications for mobile platforms. In this role you will work closely with our User Experience experts, Graphic Designers, Applications developers, and Applications test engineers to design and develop graphically rich applications for controlling the Sonos System. These applications run on an ever-increasing number of platforms, ranging from Windows and Mac to iPhone, iPad, and Android devices, as well as Sonos’ own hardware.
• Design, implement, and document GUI-intensive applications on multiple platforms, including iOS, Android, Mac, Windows, Linux and Web
• Provide technical feedback to User Experience team’s design concepts; collaboratively arrive at visually pleasing, easy-to-use, and feasible-to-implement user
• Continuously enhance existing applications to support new features, expose new ways of interacting with Internet-based music services, and set up and control new
Sonos hardware products
• Collaborate with application developers to enhance the core shared controller library for new features and new platforms
• 5+ years of recent code development experience with two or more GUI frameworks and related programming languages, such as Cocoa/Objective-C, Java/Android, C#/.NET/WPF,
• Passion for developing cutting edge UI on mobile platforms (iOS and Android)
• Proficient with C++ even if it is not your main language for GUI development
• Strong basic CS with solid understanding of object-oriented design, ability to speak in patterns
• Understanding of common UI design patterns
• A passion for building beautiful UI and a willingness to sweat the details to put every pixel in its proper place
• Decisive, action-oriented individual who learns quickly, works independently, and takes ownership of open issues
• Familiarity with commercial software development practices (version control, defect tracking, project schedules and deliverables)
• Collaborative spirit and willingness to work in a fast-paced environment
• Experience with cross-platform development
• Familiarity with UPnP and/or SOAP and/or HTTP protocols
• Familiarity with TCP/IP and 802.11 networking
• Familiarity with Linux
• Familiarity with scripting languages (bash, python, Perl…)
More about Sonos:
In 2002, we set out with a goal – to reinvent home audio for the digital age. Our vision was simple - fill every home with music and make listening a valued experience again. We’re making it easy for everybody to listen to the music they love in every room of their home. To hear the songs they love, to discover new music they never knew existed, and to appreciate it all with the highest sound quality.
We’re doing it all over the world – In more than 60 countries, in seven languages through thousands of retailers. We’re constantly looking for ways to improve the experience – with new products, new software and continually investing in ways to provide our customers the best experience possible. We’re doing what we set out to do. Changing the way people listen to music – one home at a time.
Index Ventures - 4 months ago
Sonos is the developer of wireless multi-room music systems for the digital home. The award-winning Sonos(TM) Digital Music System is availa...