PLEASE APPLY ONLY ONCE FOR EACH POSITION |
Software Engineer - Automation - Entry Level
We love automation. We design and build innovative robotic systems and laboratory devices used by pharmaceutical and biotech companies and academic research laboratories. HighRes Biosolutions helps scientists accelerate drug discovery, high throughput genotyping, siRNA screening, next-generation sequencing sample prep, biorepository science and molecular diagnostics with highly flexible, expandable and modular integrated systems, bench-top devices and consumables that are easily configured (and reconfigured) to create research environments conducive to achieving breakthrough results.
The Software Engineer – Automation works to configure a robotic system to meet the system°s required specifications. The ideal candidate will be comfortable with steady and consistent travel of up to several weeks at a time, consisting of up to 50% of the year. The position is educational, demanding, and rewarding.
• Develop software for integrating laboratory automation devices with robotic systems.
• Configure system databases and software.
• Implementing Robotic Systems per Specification.
• Teaching Robotic Platforms and System configuration.
• Verify system assembly (pneumatics, communications, etc.).
• Develop Test Plans in conjunction with Project Team.
• Perform Test Plans at HighRes and Customer Site.
• Review Designs for robotic system with project team.
• Interface with customers for requirements, testing and training.
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
• BS in computer science or related applied engineering discipline.
• Basic C#, object oriented programming.
• Basic computer communications (TCP/IP, RS232).
• Basic relational databases.
• Excellent Problem solving skills, required to overcome unforeseen challenges quickly and effectively.
• Work effectively as team member and individually.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Travel up to 50%.
• Domestic and international travel, passport required.
HighRes Biosolutions - 13 months ago