Software Engineer - Big Data
New Technology Development
Rentrak measures viewing on over 30 million televisions through the United States. Every time one of those viewers presses a button on their remote control we process that data.
Our media measurement doesn’t stop with television. We also receive data for movie theaters, internet television, video on demand, mobile devices and video rentals. So when we say our engineers deal with BIG DATA we mean it. Rentrak processes more transactions a day than every major credit card company combined.
We are an established and stable 30 year old publicly traded company (NASDAQ: RENT), but we operate with the flexibility and energy of a start-up.
Our Team’s Impact on the Business
Our engineers build the underpinnings of Rentrak’s technology stack which drives our entire television measurement and advanced demographics platform. This platform enables Rentrak to provide innovative products and solutions to our customers and partners. Our solutions scale to process hundreds of billions of data points per day with stringent latencies of tens of milliseconds.
Why We Need You
Examples of Work Undertaken by Our Team
- You will be a core member of our team; building, extending and maintaining the key systems that power Rentrak
- You can help us build the next generation of high performance, highly available, distributed systems to process our immense data.
- You will help us make significant architectural decisions about the next generation of systems at Rentrak
- You are able to collaborate with business owners to formulate the best solutions for our customers with new and innovative products.
- We evaluated advertising effectiveness by comparing, at an individual household level, the TV viewership and grocery store purchases of millions of households.
- We helped the Obama campaign target television viewing audiences by matching television viewership data with other sources finding undecided voters. Allowing the campaign to get the biggest bang for its advertising buck.
- We started a joint venture with Sinomonitor in China combining and analyzing millions of households' television viewership, Internet usage, and consumer behavior.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related major or equivalent years of experience and training.
- Strong C++ development skills.
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience with large data sets utilizing SQL based databases.
- Experience in the design, development and release of an enterprise scale application.
Nice to have
- Machine learning, information retrieval and data mining (OLAP).
- Distributed systems (Storm, Kafka, etc).
- Experience with MapReduce technologies (Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Spark).
Our data is massive, our platform is full of possibilities, and our business is booming. We are looking for motivated engineers who want to take our technology and business to the next level helping us realize its full potential. If this sounds like your kind of environment, let’s talk, we'd love to hear from you!
Rentrak Corporation i s an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer with a commitment to workplace diversity . Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background investigation and pre-employment drug screen. Rentrak participates in eVerify.
Rentrak Corporation - 5 months ago