Are you excited about building large scale distributed systems that scale to hundreds of millions of users? Do you want to build a global, next-generation targeting platform that uses lots of user and deal signals to take complex decisions in real-time? Do you want to learn about the latest open-source technologies for storing and processing data and search?
If you answered yes to these questions, come join the Deal Targeting Infrastructure group at Groupon. We are building our next generation targeting platform that scales to our growing user base, works across multiple channels (web/email/mobile) and verticals, and solves the needs of our increasingly complex business.
Typical responsibilities include:
Some things we are looking for:
- Designing and architecting solutions for complex problems involving scale, strict performance requirements and large amounts of data
- Evaluating existing open source solutions for solving business problems
- Launching end-to-end infrastructure solutions and participating in all aspects of the software development process
- Coordinating with clients of the infrastructure on requirements and usage
- BS Computer Science or related field. MS/PhD in CS preferred but not required
- Experience with Java/C/C++ and programming in a multi-threaded environment
- 5+ years of experience working with projects involving scale is a big plus
- Experience with solr, hadoop, map reduce is a plus
- A passion for code quality, good engineering practices and building highly robust systems
- A knack for taking good, simple architectural decisions based on a sound understanding of requirements
Groupon is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Requisition ID 4104
Groupon - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Careers at Groupon
We're making life less boring by crafting a new evolution of local commerce. We're changing the way merchants and...