Software Engineer – Entry-Level
SquareTrade is the top-rated protection plan trusted by millions of happy customers and offered by top retailers including Amazon, Costco and Tesco. We have more than 160,000 fans on Facebook, consistently win industry awards and have received tens of thousands of 5-star reviews. SquareTrade is profitable, growing 100% year on year, and attracted one of the largest private capital raises in 2012, with a $238 million round led by Bain Capital. Headquartered in San Francisco and London, SquareTrade is privately held. Learn more at www.squaretrade.com
We are looking for smart and dedicated Software Engineers. You will join the team that integrates our ecommerce platform with the commerce systems of our partners, some of the world’s largest retailers. We integrate with their ecommerce, EDI and point-of-sale systems. Our reputation with merchants is for integrating with speed, flexibility and smartness that our competitors cannot match. Our customers love us because we are better, cheaper, and because we care about them. This is an exciting position that offers autonomy and team work, with opportunities for career development.
This opening can be an internship for someone just out of college, or an entry level position for someone with some work experience.
- Produce high quality code and deliver to schedule
- Work with Program Management to review requirements, scope and timing
- Write technical documentation
- Conduct and participate in design and code reviews
- Take ownership of individual integrations and drive quickly to completion
- Enhance platform and integration technologies
- Contribute to product development team
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field
Good to Have:
- Experience building data or API-based integrations
- Understanding of SOAP and REST web services
- Expertise with Struts 2 or other MVC framework
- Knowledge of XML parsing with JAXB
- Ecommerce, EDI or retail system application know-how
- Familiarity with Agile development
SquareTrade is located downtown San Francisco in the SOMA disctict. We offer competitive salaries, stock options, generous paid time off, and an opportunity to join a fast-paced Pre-IPO company.