Engineered to think.
Anki is dedicated to creating products that bring sophisticated robotics and artificial intelligence to the masses. Our founders met in the PhD program at the Robotics Institute at Carnegie Mellon University. With robotics so heavily focused on government and industrial applications, they wanted to use their backgrounds to create new kinds of consumer experiences. At Anki, we are using robotics and artificial intelligence to reinvent categories of products through an unprecedented level of intelligence and interaction in the physical world.
Apple CEO Tim Cook introduced Anki and our first product, Anki Drive, in his keynote address at the WWDC Conference this past June ( watch ). We are backed by top-tier investors, including Andreessen Horowitz, Index Ventures and Two Sigma. We are growing rapidly and are excited to continue hiring top talent to join us in the creation of the most innovative consumer robotics products in the world today.
To learn more about Anki, visit our website , find us on Facebook and YouTube.
Anki's products combine a powerful blend of diverse technologies, beautiful design, and meticulous attention to every aspect of the customer experience. We’re looking to grow our team to help us develop the next generation of consumer robotics and entertainment.
We are seeking a Software Engineer to help us bring the next generation of robotics to the consumer market. You will be part of a small, highly experienced team focused on key robotics components of what will be one of the most sophisticated uses of artificial intelligence and robotics in a consumer product. With a strong core team and top investors backing the company, we’re looking for someone who is passionate about bringing innovative consumer products to market and building a great company.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and Implement an interactive artificial intelligence system
- Work with Animator and Game Designers to incorporate behaviors and emotions
- Work within the constraints of a mechanical systems
- Design and implement an interactive AI system
- Exceptional software engineering and programing background, with experience developing in larger teams and keeping on schedule
- Experience working with physical moving systems (harder than simulation!)
- Exceptional algorithm design, analysis and optimization skills
- Comfortable with both the “R” and the “D” in R&D
- Extremely strong C and C++ development skills
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience with HCI highly desirable (A plus)
- Competitive salaries, stock options and great benefits (health, subsidized public transportation costs, generous vacation)
- Great San Francisco office with lots of light and great views, convenient to every mode of mass transit – on wheels, on rails and on water
- Early stage start-up where you’ll help shape the culture and have a huge impact
- Free catered lunches, snacks and drinks
- You get to work on innovative products and challenging problems with some amazingly talented (and fun) people!