What we do: We’re developing a software platform to allow scientists to leverage the power of physics-based simulations through all stages of the pharmaceutical and biotech drug discovery process. Basically, we’re making software that will improve the lives of millions of people.
Who we are: We are passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, and thinkers. Our team consists of alumni of great engineering companies (e.g. Google/Microsoft) and startups, but all of them have made the decision to work on something with significant human impact. Our clients include many large pharmaceutical companies and our investors are fellow technology visionaries, including Bill Gates (who invested $20 million in the company in December!).
As an Infrastructure Engineer, you will have the opportunity to improve the development speed and quality of our enterprise drug discovery platform. Your primary responsibility will be to work with the development engineering team to create new tools to build, test, deploy, and scale new versions of our platform (test harnesses, deployment automation tools, and monitoring systems). These systems explore and validate the functional correctness, performance capabilities, and resource usage of our software, as well as their interaction with other Schrodinger systems and infrastructure. This role is primarily a computer science role and does not require a professional level of experience in physical science (chemistry, biology, or physics).
- Work with the development and site reliability teams to create new build, monitoring, and deployment tools
- Build and maintain automated test harnesses make testing applications easier
- Conduct research on emerging technologies.
- Analyze complicated software systems and design strategies to test them.
- Train and mentor other team members.
- Think outside the box / be highly creative
- Be willing to learn new technologies
- Ask smart questions Minimum Requirements:
- B.S. in Computer Science, Computational Chemistry, Computational Biology, Engineering or related field
- Excellent coding skill: You have built maintainable production tools
- 3 years of relevant work experience: including development, sys admin, and/or test automation experience.
- Knowledge of the unix operating system
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn
- Experience with source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Extensive knowledge of open source technologies
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Experience working with Amazon EC2
- Experience testing web applications
- Experience with large scale distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Distributed Computing)