Ask.com is looking for a Software Engineer Contractor to maintain, trouble shoot, support and improve a suite of software applications and tools that are critical to our business. The candidate must have a good understanding of the software development life cycle and best practices for object-oriented programming and relational database implementations and is experienced working in both Linux and Windows environments.
- Maintain, trouble shoot and improve a suite of software applications and tools that are critical to our content business
- Monitor and improve performance and health of the applications, tools, processes and infrastructure.
- Support request from internal and external users to generate report and block/unblock contents
- Facilitate data center migration
o Object-oriented programming, using Java/C# and Python are required. Experience with C++ is a big plus
- Strong programming skills and 2+ year of hand on experience with the following:
o SQL, relational database (SQL Server or MySQL) required
o Web development technologies: IIS on windows, Tomcat, JSP/Servlet, Apache http server, HTML, XML
o Hadoop, MapReduce and HDFS – big plus
o Unix shell scripting
o Experienced working in both UNIX/Linux and Windows environments.
o Knowledge and experience of MongoDB is a plus
- M.S. in computer science or 2+ years of industry experience with bachelor’s degree
Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Strong analytical problem solving skills
- Able to work effectively and cooperatively in a team environment
- Able to work and meet deadlines in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
Ask.com - 19 months ago
Ask and you shall receive, especially when it comes to the Internet. Ask.com (formerly Ask Jeeves) operates an online question-and-answer...