Who We Are
Doctorsoft is a rapidly growing organization that provides ample opportunity for professional growth. Our work culture allows you to be immersed in a creative work environment with a diverse and talented development team. This position will give you an opportunity to learn new skills, be closely involved in product development and make a recognizable contribution in our organization.
What We Do
Doctorsoft is an Electronic Health Records company focused on building and enhancing a cutting edge web-based application for eye specialists. Our mission is to make it simple for ophthalmologists to improve the quality of care for their patients and innovate the way electronic health records are designed.
Who You Are
Doctorsoft is seeking an experienced software engineer with the desire for building and enhancing a product that makes a difference. In this role, you will be designing and implementing new features, supporting existing software, and helping to further improve our product.
All applicants must reside in Los Angeles, CA. No relocation provided. This is not a telecommuting position. Recruiters please do not contact us.
Our Stack: MySQL / Hibernate / Java / GWT / Web 2.0 Technologies
- Resolve important UI and server-side bugs
- Implement server-side calls
- Ensure compliance with government standards
- Stay up-to-date with relevant technologies
- Most importantly write concise, modular, easy-to-read, extensible, and error-free code.
- Provide insights & major contributions in the design & implementation of future product versions
- Minimum 2 years programming experience with a strongly typed language (C#/ Java)
- Minimum 2 years object-oriented programming with full use of inheritance and generics
- Minimum 2 years SQL experience with transactions and user-defined-functions
- Experience working with a persistence framework like Spring or Hibernate
- Experience in Agile Development, coding with assertions and proper logging
- B.S. in Computer Science, or similar degree, from a 4-year university
- Experience teaching Java to others
- Working experience with WebSockets, COMET, limitations of AJAX
- Experience with Google Web Toolkit (GWT), widgets, paradigms, styling and limitations
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS), products and services, limitations and API
- M.S. in Computer Science or similar