About j2 Global:
Founded in 1995, j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of cloud services to individuals and businesses around the world. j2 Global's network spans 49 countries on six continents, supporting the company’s more-than 11 million eFax customers and voice services customers. The Company provides Internet fax, voice, email and online backup solutions to a wide range of businesses, from sole proprietors to Fortune 500 companies. j2 Global markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, Onebox®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and CampaignerCRM™.
In 2012 alone, j2 Global® has been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal (“20 Biggest Telecommunications Firms,” “Most Profitable Companies,” and LA’s “Largest Public Companies”), as well as a repeat ranking in the InformationWeek 500, a prestigious global listing of the leading technology companies that includes many Fortune 500 companies. It’s brands have also been recognized as industry leaders, including eFax receiving an “Editor’s Choice” award from PC magazine. As of December 31, 2011, j2 Global had achieved 16 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
Fast-paced and dynamic, j2 Global, Inc. is not your typical 9-to-5 work environment. Operating from numerous international offices – including Hollywood, Ottawa, Dublin, and our emerging market in Tokyo, Australia, New Zealand – and supporting a plethora of time zones, j2 Global™ truly lives up to its name.
The executive staff has an open door policy, inviting each member of the company – from directors and managers to entry-level positions and interns – to partake in casual conversation. Employees are not just colleagues – they’re business partners, fostering an efficient and effective environment. The inviting and energetic environment creates a world where differing opinions matter and collaboration leads to success. From a small start-up in 1995 to an award-winning company recommended by Forbes, j2 Global, Inc. has grown by establishing an amazing company culture – one that will continue to foster ingenuity and invention.
j2 Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Collaborate with internal customers and operations to identify current operating procedures and clarify project requirements.
- Develop tools and/or scripts to automate application builds, performance analysis and test procedures.
- QA and Production support of product applications and client/server applications.
- Document program requirements, specifications, test cases, implementation details, and maintenance updated.
- Provide Operations team with installation instructions and operating procedures.
Job Requirements and Experience:
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent is preferred.
- 5+ years Java/J2EE programming experience is required.
- Experience with Eclipse IDE a plus.
- Web Services development is desirable.
- Must demonstrate knowledge of internet protocols and XML.
- Must have experienced with relational databases and client-server concepts.
- Experience with PL/SQL, SQL Server and Oracle 9i and later is required.
- Must be an experienced software engineer with a background in commercial-quality system applications. Must be innovative, flexible, require general supervision and willing to work in a collaborative environment to share and discuss ideas.
- Understand source control management practices.
- Must have a firm understanding of software design principals including Object Oriented programming experience.
- Must have firm understanding of web programming/technologies.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communications skills.
j2 Global - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard