# of openings:
Software Engineer – Java (CI & TDD)
Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software services to the mobile communications industry. We offer world class operations and execution capability, both on-site and offshore. Using tailored solutions, systems design, integration and testing we help drive down development time and costs for leading industry players. Teleca has about 2,000 employees in 11 countries in Asia, Europe and North America.
Teleca is looking for a Software Engineer with expertise with installing, configuring, and administrating Continuous Integration (CI) and Test Driven Development (TDD) products. This position is located in Detroit, Michigan.
This position requires that the candidate shall:
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain systems or applications involving a wide variety of programming and languages.
- Build or configure windows, screens, and reporting solutions.
- Modify, repair, or expand existing programs to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance.
- Perform trial runs for testing and analysis on software and systems to identify problems.
- Contribute to training manuals or instructions for end users.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented software.
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools.
- If creating product applications for market sale (rather than proprietary applications for internal use), may not be involved in all phases of software lifecycle (i.e., design, testing, implementation).
- Oversee the primary activities of independent contributors to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals.
- Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, and conduct performance/pay reviews).
- Evaluate and assess new software development projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- May be responsible for budgeting of department's personnel, capital, and/or operation expenses.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
This individual will have extensive experience installing, configuring, and administrating CI and TDD products/environments for Java and experience with:
- CI products (Bamboo or Hudson)
- Experience with test tools such as Clover, Emma, JUnit, JMeter etc.
- Experience introducing and facilitating the adoption of CI and TDD practices
- Experience in designing and developing Java and JEE applications
- Experience in design and development of Web services
- Experience implementing design patterns
- Experience in Ant/Maven in creating automated builds
- Experience in working with Weblogic family of products including SOA suite
- Experience in working on Agile teams following SCRUM and leveraging TDD
Teleca AB - 13 months ago