This team member will work as part of a small team responsible for prototyping a networked storage IO caching distributed software solution for a Linux environment.
Will participate in all phases of the product prototyping cycle from definition and design through implementation, debugging and testing.
Will work collaboratively with other engineers towards completing the assigned pieces of the architecture.
- The qualified candidate will have strong background in writing Linux.
- Technical experience in writing and modify device drivers, volume managers and/or caching schemes.
- Good understanding of system hardware architectures, especially involving the IO path.
- Strong programming skills in C & proficiency in developing with open-source.
- Must possess very good troubleshooting / debugging skills.
- In addition, a highly desirable candidate will possess skills in storage benchmarking, vdbench and Linux system administration.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in software development for the Linux IO stack is required.
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree; or equivalent experience is required.
Demonstrated ability to design, develop and program in C.
** Please note this is a W-2 Contract Position **
Talent Merchants - 10 months ago