Title: Software Engineer - PowerBuilder
Location : Sterling, VA
Contract Length: 3-6 months
The ideal candidate will be responsible for:
- Assist a Sr. Software Developer in making enhancements and bug fixes to a complex medical claims application
- 5+ years of experience using PowerBuilder (Version 12.1 Classic)
- UI Changes
- Develop Code Logic as needed
- Writing SQL Script for MS-SQL Database Version 2008 R2
- Revise/edit Database Stored Procedures
- Write design and code documentation to share knowledge with other team members
- Unit Testing
- System/Regression Testing, create test plans/cases as needed
- Edit, create Specifications as needed
- Assist with formal Quality Assurance testing as needed. Review test plans for completeness.
- Produce estimates and schedules to help plan projects.
- Assist with requirements analysis to identify software capabilities.
- Provide end user support to resolve production problems as needed.
Qualified Candidates will have the following skills:
- 5+ years of programming experience in PowerBuilder and MS-SQL database.
- Current on PowerBuilder Version 10 or higher
- Current on MS-SQL V 2005 or higher
- General experience in open source and design patterns are a plus
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills
- The ability to clearly and effectively communicate with technical and business stakeholders.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Participate on teams.
- Self-motivated without the need for significant management oversight.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with multiple deadlines, prioritize and complete deliverables on time
- Assist with creating builds and updating the build process
- Microsoft Visual Studio TFS Work Items
- Microsoft Visual Studio TFS Source Control