About j2 Global:
Founded in 1995, j2 Global, Inc. (NASDAQ: JCOM) is an award winning, leading provider of cloud services to individuals and businesses around the world. j2 Global's network spans 49 countries on six continents, supporting the company’s more-than 11 million eFax customers and voice services customers. The Company provides Internet fax, voice, email and online backup solutions to a wide range of businesses, from sole proprietors to Fortune 500 companies. j2 Global markets its services principally under the brand names eFax®, Onebox®, eVoice®, FuseMail®, Campaigner®, KeepItSafe® and CampaignerCRM™.
In 2012 alone, j2 Global® has been recognized by Los Angeles Business Journal (“20 Biggest Telecommunications Firms,” “Most Profitable Companies,” and LA’s “Largest Public Companies”), as well as a repeat ranking in the InformationWeek 500, a prestigious global listing of the leading technology companies that includes many Fortune 500 companies. It’s brands have also been recognized as industry leaders, including eFax receiving an “Editor’s Choice” award from PC magazine. As of December 31, 2011, j2 Global had achieved 16 consecutive fiscal years of revenue growth.
Fast-paced and dynamic, j2 Global, Inc. is not your typical 9-to-5 work environment. Operating from numerous international offices – including Hollywood, Ottawa, Dublin, and our emerging market in Tokyo, Australia, New Zealand – and supporting a plethora of time zones, j2 Global™ truly lives up to its name.
The executive staff has an open door policy, inviting each member of the company – from directors and managers to entry-level positions and interns – to partake in casual conversation. Employees are not just colleagues – they’re business partners, fostering an efficient and effective environment. The inviting and energetic environment creates a world where differing opinions matter and collaboration leads to success. From a small start-up in 1995 to an award-winning company recommended by Forbes, j2 Global, Inc. has grown by establishing an amazing company culture – one that will continue to foster ingenuity and invention.
j2 Global, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The Software Engineer’s daily activities include analysis of j2 systems to develop automated testing. Tasks include programming, testing, debugging and installation of automated test scripts to support the organization's application systems and client/server software applications. Along with code development, the responsibilities of this position include written documentation to describe program development, logic, and coding, as well as written instructions for operation of the automated test procedures. The Software Test Engineer assists staff in resolving technical problems and reports unresolved problems to supervisor. Demonstrate knowledge of tools, equipment, and documentation used in performing quality assurance tasks.
- Design and implement software to support QA testing procedures
- Analyze existing software systems, and design and implement software to automate testing
- Analyze manual testing processes to identify procedures that can be automated
- Implement manual testing processes as automated processes
- Review product requirements
- Attend requirement review meetings
- Design, build and maintain test repositories
- Adhere to, and provide updates to the j2 specific test automation standards and guidelines
- Report defects and test execution summaries
- Reproduce production bugs and validate bug fixes.
- Perform testing in various areas of the j2 Global product line (Web, Customer Interface tool, customer billing, and database systems)
- Participate in code/design review meeting
Job Requirements and Experience:
- Must be an independent, experienced software engineer with a background in commercial-quality web-based applications
- Should be innovative, flexible, goal and detail-oriented, self-directed, and have the ability to multitask
- Must have a positive attitude, ability to work well in a team environment, and be flexible with changing priorities and simultaneous projects
- Should possess extensive software engineering skills and firm understanding of software development life cycle
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills required
- Experience with Windows and Linux operating systems
- Experience with bug/issue tracking systems and with version control software such as Subversion or CVS
- Experience with commercial or open source test automation tools
- Parasoft SOATest, Telerik Test Studio, or other automated test suite experience is a plus
- 2+ years of quality assurance related work experience preferred
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent is preferred
j2 Global - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard