Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking Software Engineers at all levels to join our team in Reston, VA.
Software Engineers are an integral part of the software engineering and product development team within AIR. This group of professionals provides custom software solutions for our clients as well as internal support systems. Much of the work we perform is new development, so the right candidate will have the skills needed to perform full life-cycle software development. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
• Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Computer Science
• At least 4 years of professional software development experience
• Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles and demonstrated proficiency/expert knowledge in OO design
• Solid understanding of algorithms
• SQL experience to include work with relational databases and writing SQL queries is preferred
• Training and experience in Artificial Intelligence is a plus
• Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
• Excellent analytical skills
• Highly detail-oriented
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
Please note, each section of the application is required in order for you to be considered for this opportunity. If you do not complete the required screening questions, or if you close your browser before completing each section of the application, your application will not be submitted for this position.
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...