- Designing and building systems that can collect and analyze data from many thousands of hosts
- Execute sophisticated quantitative analyses and advanced modeling that translates data into actionable insights
- Develop data models and tools that provide a platform for decision making on a variety of systems issues and key initiatives
- Build performance reporting tools for internal customers
- Provide analytical and decision-making support for key company initiatives.
- Ah-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
- Working closely with all of the other teams to gather requirements
- Work effectively in a fast moving/quickly changing environment
- 1-3 years of analytical work experience, preferably within a large data/web site analysis role
- Superior analytical abilities and the ability to form key, succinct insights and recommendations from comprehensive analyses involving large amounts of data.
- Working and developing on Linux servers
- Experience with RRDTool (data acquisition and graphing)
- Experience with Perl or similar scripting language (PHP, groovy, Ruby, etc)
- Ability to interface and effectively communicate with multiple levels of management.
- Extremely proactive with a strong bias for action; naturally inquisitive; desire to continuously improve current systems practices/processes.
- Organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- BS degree in Math, Computer Science, Statistics or equivalent experience
Moose, Catalyst, Plack, Dancer, DBIx::Class
- Experience with the Modern Perl stack, i.e. some or all of:
- Experience with AnyEvent or POE or Reflex or similar
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience building RESTful webservices
- Comfortable writing tests for your code
- Familiarity with monitoring tools such as Nagios and Munin
- Tableau a plus
Openx - 20 months ago