Drive your Engineering future with us. At ViaSat you will work with top technical talent who are always striving to stay ahead of the curve. With opportunities to work on a mixture of technologies and projects, you will be involved in calling the shots on your next great opportunity. Come join our dynamic company where engineers lead the way!
Our development team is designing, developing and testing ViaSat-1’s commercial broadband satellite communication ground systems. In this role you will be a software developer with focus on testability and general test infrastructure. This position will provide you with the unique opportunity to understand a broad view of the entire system and all of its features, in order to design and implement tests. In this role you can have a huge impact - increase the efficiency of everyone on the project while reducing the release cycle and improving product quality! Specific responsibilities will include assisting software feature developers in writing unit tests and stubs, and performing code reviews for testability of implementation. You will be responsible for developing test automation code for integration and system tests, including test automation for the NMS/EMS components, creating reporting tools and dashboards for automatically collecting and analyzing test results. Sound interesting? Keep reading…
- + years software development experience
- Experience using one or more of these languages: C/C++, Java, Tcl, Python, Perl
- Experience with automated GUI testing: Selenium WebDriver, QTP
- Working knowledge of development of software design documentation
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related discipline
- U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for some projects in which case, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.
- Ability to travel up to 10%
Our Germantown, Maryland office is located about 30 miles northwest of Washington DC and about 40 miles west of Baltimore. This area offers cultural, educational, employment and business opportunities that few communities can match.
- Modem design/test experience
- Networking (TCP/IP) design/test experience
- Linux experience
- Matlab experience
- MySQL and PHP experience
Ready to join ViaSat? Submitting your resume takes just a few minutes and we’ll send you an automated response to let you know it has been received. If there is a potential match someone from the recruiting team will be in contact with you.
ViaSat is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Residence status may be required for certain positions. For positions requiring U.S. Citizenship or Lawful Permanent Resident status, verification of such status will be required upon accepting employment.