Information Systems/Technical Services: Computer Information Systems
Software Engineer - UI - Tickets.com (Costa Mesa, CA)
Tickets.com is a privately held subsidiary of MLB Advanced Media, LP, the interactive media and Internet division of Major League Baseball.
At Tickets.com, we’re a passionate bunch of people, driven by a relentless pursuit of innovation. Our mission is to deliver world-class ticketing products and services that provide value to our clients and partners, with profitability to our stakeholders.
We're headquartered in beautiful Orange County, California, with offices in the state of New York, across Europe, and in New South Wales, Australia. We enjoy a fun and casual work atmosphere, and we pride ourselves on working hard to deliver quality results.
We are searching for a Software Engineer with a focus on user interface development. The Software Engineer will be an essential contributor within a project team, focusing on development of new products & features, with an emphasis on & passion for innovative user interface development. This position will require active participation in all phases of product development and will play a key role in the design, development, and maintenance of complex web applications. While requiring skills and knowledge in all tiers of application development, this role will necessitate adoption of new web technologies to enable redesign of existing web applications and development of next generation rich internet applications (RIA). These skills will be used to target emerging technology-driven opportunities to deliver world class solutions within the ticketing business space.
If you think you’re a good fit for the Software Engineer position and the team, we’d love to hear from you!
Essential Job Functions:
- Participates in application development projects, encourages adoption of development standards, UI frameworks, client side toolkits and reuse of opportunities.
- Collaborate with various teams and departments throughout the organization to ensure that business requirements are translated into innovative interfaces and experiences.
- Participate in collaborative design and highly iterative, team oriented development.
- Take ownership in the design, development & delivery of rich-client solutions.
- Perform analysis and troubleshooting for debugging application problems.
- Assist in authoring & presenting designs, task planning & estimations, use-case & QA test case documentation, etc.
- Identify opportunities to improve application reliability and usability.
- Solve complex problems with minimal guidance or supervision.
- Share successes & challenges; to be a team player.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering and 5-7+ years in software development with a focus on web-based user interface design and development.
- Experience in developing and implementing scalable and maintainable commercial web-based UI applications.
- Extensive experience developing to web standards (W3C) and for cross-browser compatibility.
- Experience in portal development, prototype framework, and YUI library, a plus
- Exceptional hands on experience w/ HTML, XHTML, DHTML, CSS, etc.
- Experience with a Model-View-Controller framework (Spring, Django, Ruby, etc.) including writing JSP/JSTL views.
- Experience integrating front-end code with server-side technology on a large-scale, dynamic website.
- Experience building international web sites and a solid understanding of localization best practices a plus.
- Candidate must be experienced with OO concepts, have a strong background in Java and a working knowledge of Hibernate, JDBC, EJB, JMS, JNDI, clustering and other relevant middle-tier, J2EE software technologies.
- Experience with SOA type environments, a plus.
- Experience working with XML and JSON.
- Experience using version control systems (CVS, Subversion, etc.)
- Ability to work cooperatively with software engineers, system administrators, product managers and other stakeholders
- Box Office Management or other ticketing experience, a plus
- Self-motivated, self-directed, ability to both manage and (re)prioritize the many competing challenges that occur during the software life cycle in a rapidly changing environment
- Strong knowledge of the software development lifecycle: requirements analysis, technical design, implementation, review, testing, deployment, & support.
- Knowledge of current trends and best practices in front-end architecture & development.
- Remote evening and weekend work as required including having home internet access.
This company is ready to play ball online. MLB Advanced Media (MLBAM) is the Internet and interactive media arm of Major League Baseball...