# of openings:
Software Engineer – Weblogic JEE
Teleca is a world-leading supplier of software services to the mobile communications industry. We offer world class operations and execution capability, both on-site and offshore. Using tailored solutions, systems design, integration and testing we help drive down development time and costs for leading industry players. Teleca has about 2,000 employees in 11 countries in Asia, Europe and North America.
Teleca is looking for a Software Engineer with expertise in Weblogic JEE Development, specifically WebLogic 9 & 10 products (WLS, WLI, Portal, etc.) products. This position is located in Detroit, Michigan.
This position requires that the candidate shall:
- Work under minimal supervision on complex projects and may assist less experienced peers. Wide latitude for independent judgment.
- Participate in software design meetings and analyze user needs to determine technical requirements.
- Develop and maintain systems or applications involving a wide variety of programming and languages.
- Build or configure windows, screens, and reporting solutions.
- Modify, repair, or expand existing programs to correct errors, increase efficiency, upgrade interfaces, or improve performance.
- Perform trial runs for testing and analysis on software and systems to identify problems.
- Contribute to training manuals or instructions for end users.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of implemented software.
- Research and remain informed of new technology and development tools.
- If creating product applications for market sale (rather than proprietary applications for internal use), may not be involved in all phases of software lifecycle (i.e., design, testing, implementation).
- Oversee the primary activities of independent contributors to ensure completion of tasks and attainment of departmental goals.
- Handle personnel activities of staff (i.e., hire, train, reward, motivate, discipline, terminate, and conduct performance/pay reviews).
- Evaluate and assess new software development projects based upon size, complexity, and time frame.
- Serve as escalation point for issues beyond project team authority; resolve conflicts involving scheduling, resources, or technical issues.
- May be responsible for budgeting of department's personnel, capital, and/or operation expenses.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent with 5+ years of experience
- WebLogic 9 & 10 products (WLS, WLI, Portal, etc.)
- EJB 3.0
- Web Services (WSDL design and services development, SOAP and ReST)
- SOA (experience with BEA AquaLogic ESB preferred)
- BPEL and Rules Engines
- XML, XSD, XSL, XQuery
- SOA patterns, JEE Design patterns and GoF Design patterns
- Test Driven Development leveraging test suites like JUnit
- Mock implementations (JMock etc.)
- Building with Ant
- Developing applications for a clustered environment; WebLogic deployment configuration for clustering
- Object Oriented Analysis and Design
Teleca AB - 2 years ago