Grass Valley is a developer and supplier of professional video solutions around the world. As a member of the engineering team you will be on the leading-edge using emerging technology to develop new solutions for live video production.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to: requirements analysis/management, software design, software implementation, and documentation. The Target systems are several microprocessors, running several millions lines of code on multiple processors in real-time. Embedded real-time software design/implementation is the core of the work required. The products created here are used throughout live video production, at numerous events including: professional sports, news broadcasts, live television shows, and many others. This position is located in our Nevada City, California offices.
Required Skills and Experience:
Desired Skills and Experience:
- B.S. Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years of experience
- Experience in Object Oriented Design for real time systems
- Experience in C++
- Experience working with Linux programming, debugging toolsets and device drivers
- Experience working with a source code control system (ClearCase or Subversion preferred)
- Knowledgeable in Word, Excel, Visio, or similar tools
- Strong communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Knowledge of HAL (Hardware Abstraction Layer) design and development
- Knowledge of project planning, risk management, and Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience writing device drivers and writing multithreaded programs
- Background in digital (analog a plus) video standards (such as SDI, HDSDI) or graphics knowledge is a plus
As a Software Engineer you will work with Other SW, Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical, QA, and Manufacturing Test Engineers as well as Technical Writers and Product Marketing.
External Interactions :
This position will interact with Customer Service as well as third party development teams for joint venture projects. Travel opportunity provided to meet customers in a variety of live production broadcasting venues as well as opportunities to travel to our other global development sites for career growth opportunities. Travel is estimated at less than 5% and is dependent on the engineer's goals.