QSI Inc./NextGen Healthcare builds software that improves patient care and reduces healthcare costs. Now we’re bringing the best of the cloud, social media, and mobile to healthcare. Come build the future with us!
Please visit our website at www.nextgen.com
The Software Engineer II will be a Programmer II /Analyst who will independently analyze user specifications and requirements. Position will encode, test, debug, and document programs on large-scale, complex projects, revise and update programs and documentation as required, inherent in application development. This Programmer II will work with Sr. Programmers and Management on questions concerning Company products.
- Independently analyze user specifications and requirements. Encodes, tests, debugs, and documents programs on large-scale, complex projects.
- Revises and updates programs and documentation as required.
- Exercise independent judgment to solve challenges inherent in application development.
- Act as a resource for other programmer/analysts when question arise concerning company products.
- Review and understand customer requirements and specifications.
- Design and develop applications, software solution that conforms to technical specification and/or customer requirements.
- Test, debug and add enhancements to existing applications.
- Create technical documentation on new design and enhancements.
- Work with Source control system and Defect tracking system.
- Analyze and help resolve software related issues from customer support team and recommend solutions.
- A minimum of 2-5 years of professional software development experience.
- Excellent knowledge of C#, .NET, C++, MFC, SQL and Web development
- Strong programming skills and good understanding of software development cycle.
- A good understanding of relational database design and writing optimized SQL queries, triggers and stored procedures.
- Ability to identify, prioritize and execute tasks to meet project deadline.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Required Education (including certifications):
- Healthcare experience
- Ability to understand complex details of computer program design.
- Demonstrates a good understanding of quality processes and the ability to produce high quality solutions
- Commercial software experience
- Full software lifecycle development experience
- Strong customer service skills in working with users.
QSI Inc./Nextgen Healthcare is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability or veteran status. Females and minorities are encouraged to apply.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other Engineering disciplines or equivalent experience
Because QSI, Inc./NextGen believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V.
NextGen Healthcare - 16 months ago
The next available appointment with your doctor might not be until next July, but NextGen Healthcare Information Systems will help with the...