Software Engineer III - C/C++ Developer
The individual who fills this position will participate as an integral component of a dynamic team in enhancing existing functionality and creating new components within the HSN Fulfillment Systems IT group, and within the larger HSN IT team. The group uses a variety of technologies to support warehouse and drop ship fulfillment, corporate quality assurance, inbound and outbound transportation and numerous cross-organizational systems.
The Software Engineer III plays an active role in the life cycle stages of planning, requirement definition, design, development, testing and support.
Utilizes complex logic; works on and often leads projects of moderate complexity involving the integration of multiple systems and complex architecture.
Mentors junior developers during the life cycle stages and continuously learns about the business and integration of systems within.
- Designs and develops code of medium to high complexity.
- Works with users to gather requirements and design specifications and often leads moderately complex projects.
- Documents development and design work.
- Writes detail QA test plans.
- Executes QA Test Plans and performs validation on test results.
- Acts as the Go-To person on projects of medium complexity.
- Provides input during design sessions.
- Provides business support as needed.
- Participates in production support.
- Performs code revisions with programmers.
- Follows the IT change management process.
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent technical work experience.
- Commitment to producing high quality, well designed and flexible custom applications.
- Strong programming and troubleshooting ability with attention to detail and design.
- Strong written, oral, and visual communication skills.
- Dedication to a collaborative working style and the ability to work well in small teams.
- Willingness to participate in after-hour and on-call support.
- A desire to learn and use new technologies.
- Excellent oral/written communication skills, and interpersonal skills to support interaction with internal customers, team members, and internal management.
- Ability to work in a fast paced / dynamic team environment and time management skills to meet schedules.
- Proficient in C++/C in UNIX environment.
- Experience with Korn shell scripting
- Working experience with SQL, PL/SQL, Oracle and Pro*C.
- 4-6 years of software development experience.
- Experience with Warehouse Management Systems (
); knowledge of the MOVE application from Servigistics even better.
HSN is a leading interactive multichannel retailer, offering a curated assortment of exclusive products and top brand names to its...