JOB SUMMARY: MultiPlan Inc. is looking for a skilled Front-End Software Engineer to work in the portal technology group. This Engineer would work closely with the Architecture and Development teams to create maintainable and scalable Portals. This position requires the ability to design solid front-end architectures that integrate with other systems and technologies.
JOB ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Research, construct, develop, and test computer application software or systems.
2. Analyze users’ needs and design software as necessary.
3. Maintain computer applications software and systems and debug as problems arise.
4. Evaluate new and existing software to adapt it to new hardware or to upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
5. Coordinate cross-functional projects as assigned and interact with all areas of the organization to achieve timely results.
6. Consult with customers on project status and advise customer about technical issues.
7. Collaborate, coordinate, and communicate across disciplines and departments.
8. Ensure compliance with HIPAA regulations and requirements.
9. Demonstrate commitment to the Company’s core values.
10. The position responsibilities outlined above are in no way to be construed as all encompassing. Other duties, responsibilities, and qualifications may be required and/or assigned as necessary.
The incumbent works under general supervision to construct and develop complex programming systems to support customers’ application systems, relying on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Work is varied with moderate complexity, requiring a moderate level of independent judgment within established guidelines.
JOB REQUIREMENTS (Education, Experience, and Training):
• Minimum Bachelors degree, or 4 years of related experience in Computer Science and/or Engineering
• Object Oriented programming experience, as well as familiarity with best practices and design patterns.
• 5+ years experience in front-end web based application development.
• Strong knowledge and experience with XML technologies such as XPath, XQuery and XSLT
• Strong knowledge and experience with Spring Framework particularly core DI, MVC, WS and Web Flow
• Practical knowledge of analyzing and writing complex SQL Queries and Stored procedures.
• Practical knowledge of HTML5, XHTML, cross-browser CSS and semantic markup.
• Practical knowledge of server side application development with J2EE (Servlet, JSP, JSR-168, JMS, JTA)
• Solid design, coding, testing, and debugging skills.
• Ability to follow technical specifications and production processes.
• Knowledge of business directions, trends and impacts of key business and IT initiatives
• Knowledge of project management and execution of multiple projects
• Strong problem-solving, troubleshooting, analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent oral, written and communication skills
• The ability to quickly attain and understand new processes with strict attention to detail
• Ability to meet strict deadlines, work on multiple tasks and work well under pressure
• Ability to work at the highest technical level on all phases of software systems programming applications
• Ability to analyze data and arrive at a logical conclusion
• Ability to assess ramification of issues and prioritize tasks based on business impact
• Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and clients
• Ability to evaluate production situations and current information to determine the appropriate course of action and execute decisions
• Ability to use software, hardware and peripherals related to job responsibilities, including MS Office and software development applications
Additional Skill Set:
• Experience with source control tools such as SVN. Maven and Clearcase
• Experience working with Web Services using SOAP/WSDL/XSD/REST.
• Experience with Weblogic container a plus.
• Experience JSON/REST a plus.
MultiPlan Inc. - 14 months ago