The Software Engineer designs, documents, codes, executes, and supports the Enterprise CRM (eCRM) software. This position possesses a highly developed understanding of the following:
Solid understanding of CRM systems.
High Level Design and Design Best Practices
Work with on-shore and off-shore teams in transferring knowledge, leading design/development efforts, and helping to implement best practices.
The role requires limited supervision, can reliably manage the entire development lifecycle independently, is considered a mentor by other programmers, and has consistently demonstrated the ability to provide exceptional customer service.
The individual is highly competent in building quality into a product, is able to provide adequate application support, and is able to coordinate effectively with an outsourced development team.
This position does not directly manage technical staff but is expected to partner with the Payless employees and consultants to ensure the successful delivery of the work effort.
The Software Engineer works with his/her team, data center teams, and business users in the development of the assigned applications. In addition to being self-motivated, this person communicates and works collaboratively across departments and is supportive of their needs.
- Performing quality coding per Payless standards.
- Leading, assisting, and participating in developing the detailed system and database design.
- Anticipating potential issues; researching and proposing solutions to potential issues.
- Translating requirements into solutions design or evaluations
- Assist with the coordination of minor and major releases.
- Implementing system solutions into production.
- Assist in User Acceptance Testing (as needed)
- Handle special projects as assigned.
- Creating and maintaining change management requests for assigned implementations and managing the change process.
- Providing support (including off hours and pager support) of assigned programs.
- Ensuring system documentation is complete per Payless standards.
- Tracking time, monitoring team work efforts and fulfilling required status reporting requirements.
- Update programs as dictated by end users' needs.
- Writing and executing effective test plans to ensure quality and stability.
- Gathering and preparing test data and executing the system test; recording defects as they are found.
- Providing guidance and assistance to other programmers.
- Conducting training workshops.
- Serving as subject matter expert for other development initiatives.
- Helping other programmers meet their deadlines.
- Solid experience in Oracle and SQL Server Databases.
- Solid experience with C#/.NET (ASP and WCF)
- Sold experience in MS Visual Studio 2008/2010
- Solid experience in SQL with an emphasis in Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience using TOAD or SQLTools IDE
- Solid experience developing Java web services using AXIS2
- Experience in Linux shell scripting
- Experience with UC4 Automation Platform
- Experience with AccuRev SCM tool
- Experience with IBM z/OS
- Experience in one or more of the following:
- Mobile apps on iPhone and/or Android
- SMS text campaigns
- Customer data mastering
- Experience in Marketing systems and Marketing vendors in the space
- Understanding of current technologies and best practices that comprise the software development cycle.
- Well defined knowledge of business processes, practices, and applications
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Strong understanding of Windows operating system
- Ability to manage and meet deadlines
- Ability to prioritize problems and issues based upon severity and impact to business
- Good interpersonal skills, with ability to work across functional lines, and at many levels
- Strong verbal, presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to work on assigned tasks independently and assesses and executes with minimal direction
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- Experience with database design
- Experience in Retail Industry.
CBI - Payless - 17 months ago
copy to clipboard