Be part of something innovative and cutting edge.
Join our team of more than a hundred software engineers, designers, project managers and software specialists that are smart, creative and excited by what they do.
Some of our ground-breaking work includes:
• advanced computer-adaptive algorithms (only one that’s peer-approved in the country)
• mobile support for the user interfaces
• learning management systems with social media features
• user interfaces that are universally accessible to people with or without disabilities
• innovative, machine-scorable items
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) is a leading professional services firm with a growing software engineering and product development team. We design and build things that are inspiring and make a real impact in the online testing industry. We are currently seeking Software Engineer
s to join our team in Washington, DC.
The Software Engineer III will participate in development and/or maintenance of new or existing software systems including (but not limited to) software development related to print technologies. Of special interest is development of Variable Data Intelligent Postscript Printware (VIPP) programs for creation of reports or other documents as well as development of code in C# for automation and streamlining of data-to-report and other document production processes. This includes participation in requirements gathering, application and database design, system documentation, writing and unit-testing efficient code, and deployment.
• M.S. in Computer Science or a B.S. in Computer Science and 2+ years professional software development experience.
• Proficient in .NET, C#, ASP.NET, SQL, relational databases, multi-tiered software development, and web-based software development
• Familiarity with VIPP or other print languages highly desired
• Solid understanding of object oriented (OO) analysis and design principles
• Proficient in at least 2 of the following: C/C++, Java, XML, XSL, HTML.
• Solid understanding of algorithms
• Self-starting, independent thinker and worker
• Excellent analytical skills
• Highly detail-oriented
• Good communication skills
• Ability to work well on a team as well as independently
The American Institutes for Research (AIR) lives and breathes to enhance human performance. The not-for-profit organization conducts...