About Pixar Animation Studios
Pixar Animation Studios, a wholly-owned subsidiary of The Walt Disney Company, is an Academy Award®-winning film studio with world-renowned technical, creative and production capabilities in the art of computer animation. Creator of some of the most successful and beloved animated films of all time, including Toy Story, Finding Nemo, The Incredibles, Cars, Ratatouille, WALL•E, Up and most recently, Cars 2. The Northern California studio has won 29 Academy Awards® and its eleven films have grossed more than $6.5 billion at the worldwide box office to date. The next film release from Disney•Pixar is Monsters University (June 21, 2013).
- Develop, implement, test and support 3D animation software
- Work effectively with a team of engineers, QA, Build, UI, Doc and Project Management
- Work with artists and technicians to provide world class software development and support for film production
Experience with UNIX / LINUX
- 2+ years of experience engineering in C / C++ / Objective-C
- Extensive background in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience with modern development toolkits such as Cocoa, .NET and/or Qt
- Strong object-oriented design and implementation skills
- Experience working with technical and non-technical software users
- Experience and/or Knowledge of 3D graphics and interaction techniques is a plus
- Knowledge of 3D graphic applications is a plus (i.e. Maya, SOFTIMAGE)
- Commitment to creating world class production tools
- Strong problem solving skills with high attention to detail and quality
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven ability to work with a team to deliver high quality software in a fast paced, dynamic, deadline oriented environment
Term: Starts Winter 2013 (3 months or 6 months)
Please submit your cover letter and resume by November 30, 2012.
Pixar is an equal opportunity employer.
Pixar - 22 months ago
Pixar Animation Studios keeps computer-generating hits. The company has produced about a dozen full-length animated movies, including the...