The Software Engineer-Mobile Applications Development will develop, create and maintain innovative mobile applications that integrate with existing Cyber Infrastructure application and systems solutions for Continental Scale environmental data. This position reports to the Director Computing of the Cyber Infrastructure (CI) team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Coordinate and collaborate CI team to identify and develop software for use within various NEON Cyber Infrastructure subsystems.
• Meet established deadlines, in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• Responsible for software development that supports mobile integrated connectivity (iOS, Android, etc.) for distributed data gathering systems.
• Develop optimized and scalable services for the latest in mobile applications.
• Test, debug, profile and optimize software components to improve performance, scalability and fault-tolerance of systems.
• Identify risks and work effectively to mitigate them.
• Apply knowledge to solve unique systems and software design, development and implementation of CI mobile applications solutions.
• Create designs to support the development of high-quality, robust, production level code and technology while minimizing development and production support costs.
• Develop efficient methods to reuse existing components.
• Design and code; and conduct benchmark testing, debugging, and documentation for mobile applications.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams to determine business requirements.
• Assist in component and data architecture design, software, production evaluation, and buy/build recommendations.
• Build and deliver secure, scalable, and low-latency services and mobile applications.
• Follow NEON information security confidentiality policy and procedures.
Required Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Three (3) or more years’ experience working with mobile applications in scientific software development teams.
• Knowledge and experience with: Java/J2EE, C/C++, iOS, Android, Linux and other related technologies.
• Experience with database design and usage in scalable systems.
• Experience developing on iOS or Android architectures, including online connectivity.
• Experience with source code management in a collaborative environment.
• Experience with automated testing and continuous integration (CI)
• Experience with Google App Engine a plus.
• Ability to quickly learn complex systems and new technologies.
• Intermediate knowledge of professional software development methodologies, QA and testing approaches.
• Very effective analytical and creative problem solving skills; self-starter and solution-oriented individual.
Preferred Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills:
• Experience working in a start up environment.
NEON Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, Minorities, Veterans and Disabled Persons are encouraged to apply.
NEON, Inc. - 21 months ago