Why join us?
We recently launched a brand new web application (www.mastertms.com) that is high priority to the company and expected to handle 15 billion transactions daily by the end of 2013. While the platform is new, we’re no rookies to the online advertising space so you’ll be learning from the best minds in the industry who understand that you’re at your best when you have the license to innovate, the work space to focus and the enjoyment of seeing your work directly impact the company’s growth. Our team is small and here you don't only get to code but you also architect. We practice Agile and are transitioning to a one hundred percent continuous integration and test driven development environment.
You’ll join as a back-end Java Engineer and your first project will be helping build this high-volume TMS. It just went live last December which means you will have a lot of new development ahead of you. We need you to think at a scale of requests for information in the billions per day and response times in milliseconds. We have a strong appetite for learning and exploring new technologies, so we will also rely on you to bring the same passion to everything you do. Speaking of new technologies, we are currently using Cassandra and Hadoop.
Is this you?
• You’re a software engineer who can confidently contribute at a senior-level. You can independently architect and develop products. In many cases, you’ve been the go-to for other developers and have likely been chosen by your managers to participate in new and/or complex projects.
• You like to produce well-tested code and at the very least are already in the habit of writing unit tests. Any experience you have working in fully test-driven and automated test / deployment environments will be very welcome.
• You have at least 5 years designing and developing high trafficked client facing web applications in Java.
• You’re well-grounded in your experience with Oracle databases but are also armed with the skills to help us transition to Cassandra and Hadoop.
• You have strong communication skills which enables you to work with various teams within and outside of your division.
• You’re confident in a Linux-based development/production environment (command line tools, shell scripting, etc.).
• You possess a Computer Science, Math degree, or have the equivalent practical experience of strong CS fundamentals and critical thinking.
We encourage you to visit www.mastertms.com to learn more about this exciting product.
Fourteen years of experience and access to the global data resources of ValueClick, Inc. make ValueClick Media the largest and most robust advertising platform of its kind. Proprietary consumer behavioral data, direct relationships with 8,500 publishers and access to additional inventory via real-time bidding, advanced behavioral targeting and optimization technology, strict network quality controls and superior service make ValueClick Media the data-driven audience targeting platform leading marketers and agencies rely on to reach their performance objectives.
Are you looking for new ways to connect with your prospects and customers? Whether your goals are related to building brand awareness or driving direct response conversions, ValueClick Media offers a comprehensive suite of audience targeting solutions. http://www.valueclickmedia.com/
Conversant Media - 17 months ago