Lookout is seeking a software engineer for our build, release, and deployment infrastructure. We're already following best practices, but we're looking to be fully state of the art and then push beyond: continous deployment to a hybrid public/private clouds, with tiered rollouts and associated monitoring. Work in a true devops environment, learning and extending all parts of our environment.
What you will be doing:
· Build tools to exteand and more fully integrate our CI, CR, SCM, bug, and IM systems (Jenkins, Gerrit, Git, JIRA, IRC)
· Extend our CI system to use our OpenStack infrastructure to deploy, test, and stress new builds more thoroughly
· Help us move from daily deploys to true continuous deployments, including configuration management, tiered deploys, and monitoring.
· Work in a devops group, working on everything from our Ruby on Rails services to Chef recipes and deployment infrastructure
· Help design and build automated release monitoring systems
· Deploy onto thousands of servers in a hybrid environment of bare-metal and VMs on both public and private clouds.
· Help extend our tools to build, test, and deploy clusters of linked services
· Help define processes to support all of the above
· BS in CS or equivalent experience
· 3+ years experience as a software release engineer in a SaaS environment
· 3+ years professional software engineering experience building applications and services
· Linux system administration, network configuration, and system debugging experience
· Knowledge of cloud environments such as Amazon AWS
· Scripting experience (bash, ruby, python, perl)
· Familiar with SQL and NoSQL databases (MySQL, MongoDB, etc.)
· Strong understanding of various build and continuous integration tools (Make/Ant/Maven, Jenkins/Bamboo)
· Deep experience with source control systems (Git, SVN, etc.) and branching strategies
· Strong hands-on experience with production system operation
· Ability to set and enforce process and influence engineers who are not direct reports
· Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work across multiple teams
· Test automation development experience