From the newest ideas in cluster computing to the latest web framework, NetApp software products embrace innovation to deliver compelling solutions to our business.
As a Software Engineer you will work as part of a team responsible for actively participating in driving product development and strategy. In addition, you will participate in activities that include testing and debugging of operating systems that run NetApp storage applications. As part of the Research and Development function, the overall focus of the group is on competitive market and customer requirements, supportability, technology advances, product quality, product cost and time-to-market. Software engineers focus on enhancements to existing products as well as new product development.
This position requires an individual to be creative, team-oriented, technology savvy, driven to produce results and demonstrates the ability to take a cross-team leadership role.
Responsibility and Interaction:
- Develop product user visualizations for analytical models.
- Define/enhance data model for enhanced virtualization support for hypervisors
- Extend product support for the evolution of NetApp Cluster Mode array technologies
- Be an active project leader/mentor for other developers
- Champion designs and algorithms to a broader audience
- Participate in product design, development, verification, troubleshooting, and delivery of a system or major subsystems
- Writing project specifications and release documentation and/or all phases of the product development cycle from product definition and design, through implementation including:
- Testing and/or Unit Testing
- Test automation
- Performance analysis
- Critical and/or high visibility customer support
- Deliver resilient, robust and durable designs
- Lead and participate in technical discussions within the team and with other groups across Business Units associated with evaluating and executing design and development plans for products
- Willing to work on additional tasks and responsibilities that will contribute towards team, department, and company goals
- Provide guidance and mentoring to more junior engineers Job Requirements Requirements:
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Work collaboratively within a team of other engineers and have strong influencing and leadership skills
- Generalist technical knowledge within department and working knowledge of major system component interactions; Recognized expert in a portion of product area
- Strong aptitude for learning new technologies
- Ability to estimate work completion required to build an overall predictable plan
- Strong generalist understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and standard programming practices
- Develop longer-range project plans and schedules for individual or work for a small team
- Creative and analytical approach to problem solving
- Responsible for unstructured tasks and the issues addressed are less defined requiring new perspectives, creative approaches and with more interdependencies
- Apply attained experiences and knowledge in solving problems that are complex in scope requiring in-depth evaluation
- Work effectively with staff to Vice-President level employees within the function, across functions and with external parties
- Limited supervision and direction is provided, as this individual can operate, drive results and set priorities independently
- Successfully convey information to stakeholders at many levels related to the position
- Work effectively with senior engineers within Business Unit
- Participate as a proactive contributor and subject matter expert
- Demonstrate favorable results through regular leadership and mentoring others Education and Experience Education & Experience:
- A minimum of 8 years of experience is required. 9 to 11 years of experience is preferred
- A Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science, a Master Degree, or a PhD; or equivalent experience is required
- Demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects Posting Category Software Engineering Full time / Part time Full-time Posting Location USA - Massachusetts - Waltham Requisition Number 23018BR
Careers at NetApp
At NetApp, your expertise is what drives our growing success
NetApp is the ideal place to give your career a boost....