Software Engineering Manager
This is Software Development Manager position in the Attached Platform Storage Software group working on next generation NVM (Non-volatile memory) acceleration and management software to best utilize the NVM in data center applications
The ideal candidate will manage a team of software professionals including but not limited to engineers, architects, technical writers and technical consultants who are responsible for delivering results over many areas of the software lifecycle: design, developing, debugging, validating, and optimization, customer engagement and product support. This might include systems software, drivers, high performance computing, development tools, enterprise applications, consumer applications or user interfaces. May also be required to provide architectural and technical guidance, and ensure that sound engineering practices are followed. Provides direction and goals to the group and interacts with stakeholders both internal and external.
MS/BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- 6 years of embedded software development
- 4 or more years of experience working with Agile, Scrum management and software estimation
- 4 or more years of MS Project
- 4 or more years of leading, supervising or managing a software development team
- Frequent travel required to Toronto, Canada. Approximately 50%
- Strong communication skills, ability to handle pressure, and efficient planner
- Strong influencing skills
- Working with a variety of teams across various organizations to achieve goals
- Demonstrated strong business acumen
- Sales experience & constant customer interaction and negotiating agreement
USA-California, Santa Clara
Nov 13, 2012
Nov 14, 2013
Employees in the Intel Architecture Group (IAG) deliver innovative platforms across computing and communication segments including data centers, mobile and desktop personal computers, handhelds, embedded devices and consumer electronics. Intel's industry leading technology is used to create integrated hardware and software solutions such as processors, chipsets, communication radios, graphics processors, motherboards, and networking components that deliver capabilities from security and manageability to computing performance and energy efficiency. IAG employees are at the forefront of enabling a new era of computing that is more integrated into all aspects of our daily lives.
We will accept applications/resumes until 60 days after posting date or earlier at Intel's discretion
Intel - 22 months ago
There's more inside Intel than you ever imagined.
We're not just about work, we're also about fun! Join us, have fun...